All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Some bright kid's got a gun and 2000 rounds of live ammo. And that gun's pea-shooter. It'll go through a brick wall at a quarter of a mile.' Chas McGill has the second-best collection of war souvenirs in Garmouth, and he desperately wants it to be the best. When he stumbles across the remains of a German bomber crashed in the woods - its shiny, black machine-gun still intact - he grabs his chance. Soon he's masterminding his own war effort with dangerous and unexpected results ...The Machine Gunners is Robert Westall's gripping first vel for children set during World War Two and winner of the Carnegie Medal. Now with a brilliant cover look celebrating its fortieth anniversary. Includes a bonus short story - 'The Haunting of Chas McGill' - and an extended biography of the author.
- Author BiographyMore than a decade after his death, Robert Westall retains his reputation as one of the most powerful writers for children. He was awarded two Carnegie Medals (for The Machine Gunners and The Scarecrows) and used his own childhood experiences of the Second World War in his books.
- PrizesWinner of Carnegie Medal 1975.
- Author(s)Robert Westall
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight185 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $41.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.