All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- Description<b>Fred Rosen follows a killer s trail back in time 2 decades to discover how a monster slipped through the legal system</b> When police in Tampa, Florida, arrested Larry Singleton in 1997 for brutally murdering prostitute Roxanne Hayes, they soon realized it wasn t the man s first violent attack. Back in 1978 he had gained toriety as the Mad Chopper for raping and cutting off the arms of 15-year-old Mary Vincent on a patch of desolate, sun-scorched land 5 miles off the highway near Modesto, California. When Singleton was let out of prison on supervised parole after serving only 8 years for his crimes, community in California would accept him. He eventually moved back to his home in Florida, where he killed Hayes nearly 20 years after his original crime. But his first victim, Vincent, had survived, walking nearly a mile to get help after the assault, and testified against him at his trial for murdering Hayes.
- Author BiographyFred Rosen, a former columnist for the Arts & Leisure section of the<i> New York Times</i>, is an award-winning author of true crime and history books, including<i> Gold!</i>, <i>Did They Really Do It?</i>, and <i>Lobster Boy. </i>He can frequently be seen on the Investigation Discovery network s <i>Evil Kin</i> and <i>Evil Twins</i> TV series, where he is a regular on-air commentator.
- Author(s)Fred Rosen
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.