Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe critically acclaimed Amazon Five-Star bestseller. A young British boy grows up with hopes and dreams of travelling, learning a trade, leading a simple life and perhaps, even falling in love. But his dreams are stopped with the advent of the Great War. This is the story of William Collins and his private battle to survive the horrors of the Western Front. A desperate and terrible war, to end all wars, the shock of separation and the terrifying life and death existence are eugh to break even the most ardent spirit. His lost love drifts ever further from him, as he descends into the Hell of the Somme battlefield. Comrades are cruelly taken from his side, as the enemy takes away hope for the future. But his love for Odile and for her country, France, sustains him, driving him onward in a desperate struggle to survive. He is inexorably drawn into a new and mysterious world of secrecy and brutality, from which a slim and hard fought hope of victory could emerge. This war could be different, if only the Generals would listen. Chance brings opportunity for his plans. This is William's time, a soldier of the Great War, a player in this, the Mad Game.
- Author BiographyChris has studied the Great War from a very young age. His interests include the effect of the Great War on families and home. The Love and War series reflects the investment in humanity in the conflict that should have ended all war. As well as time spent studying the battles and the military developments, he has also studied the effects of the Great War on the lives of the descendents of the soldiers and civilians caught up in the conflict and innocent of the blame for its cause. Chris works in Further Education and is an active member of the Manchester 500 Advanced Motorcyclists Group, offering support as an observer for the Institute of Advanced Motorists/Motorcyclists. In his spare time, he is a volunteer with the North West Blood Bikes Manchester. The charity transports blood and blood products, donated human breast milk samples and urgent controlled medications for local hospitals and hospices. The charity benefits from his writing. Chris loves nothing more than getting on his motorbike and riding off to the battlefields of Europe, seeking authenticity for his stories and adding a human interest to the calamity that was the Great War. Chris is also a member of the Royal British Legion, the Royal British Legion Rider's Branch and The Western Front Association.
- Author(s)Chris Cherry
- PublisherTrench Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleLove and War
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrench Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.