All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of a failing sculptor who killed three people with an ice-pick, went on the run, sold his story to a newspaper and used the money to hire one of America's most successful criminal lawyers. An unputdownable true crime story set in the pulp-fiction obsessed world of 1930s America. On Easter Sunday 1937, Bob Irwin - a handsome, failing sculptor with a history of depression and psychopathic episodes - commited a grisly triple murder. Creeping back to the flat of his ex-landlady in a swish New York borough, Irwin killed her, her lodger, and her stunning daughter Ronnie with an ice-pick, an apparently motiveless homicide that would shock the entire country. Firmly in 'you couldn't make it up' territory, and crafted like a Chandler vel, THE MAD SCULPTOR thrillingly relates Irwin's crime, flight, and capture, his trial and its aftermath, whilst painting a warts-and-all portrait of 1930s America.
- Author BiographyHarold Schechter is a professor of American literature. He is the co-author of THE A TO Z ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SERIAL KILLERS. He is also the author of a series of acclaimed historical novels featuring Edgar Allan Poe.
- Author(s)Harold Schechter
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Weight540 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementUK airports ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.