All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Maffetone Method will show you how simple it can be to feel good again. Here's what people have said about Philip Maffetone's approach to health and fitness: 'Dr. Maffetone's system goes beyond dealing with symptoms; he looks at health and fitness as an integrated balance. He deals with the whole picture clearly and directly. Fascinating and illuminating - and I feel great!' - James Taylor, singer, recording artist. 'I appreciate your contribution to both my own physical health and to others' - Anthony Robbins, best-selling author. 'A sensible and balanced approach to better fitness and health' - Kent Johnston, strength and conditioning boach, Green Bay Packers Eclectic, insightful, inspirational - doctor and coach.Philip Maffetone has helped some of the world's premier athletes achieve astonishing results. But he's equally interested in the athlete inside each of us. In The Maffetone Method , he destroys the pain, gain training myth and introduces a revolutionary fitness program that t only engenders peak performance but can help you enjoy the most vibrant health of your life. Clearly, simply, and sensibly, Dr.Maffetone explains the benefits of aerobic fitness, proper nutrition, stress reduction, and even choosing the right exercise shoes (expensive is t better! ).
- Author BiographyDr. Philip Maffetone practiced complementary sports medicine and applied kinesiology for over 20 years. His extensive background in biochemistry and exercise physiology has helped him train many world class and professional athletes, and he has helped many others succeed at general fitness and weight-loss. He also has a doctorate degree in chiropractic and is certified in acupuncture. Among the many athletes he has worked with are running guru George Sheehan, Olympians Priscilla Welch and Lorraine Moller, triathletes Mark Allen and Mike Pigg, and race-car drivers Mario and Michael Andretti. Most importantly, Dr. Maffetone has worked with and helped thousands of people reach their goals of improved health and fitness. Dr. Maffetone was named Coach of the Year in 1994 by Triathlete magazine. He served as chairman of the International College of Applied Kinesiology from 1990 to 1994. His recent general audience books include In Fitness and in Health and Training for Endurance; Complementary Sports Medicine, a textbook, was published in 1999. Dr. Maffetone continues to write and lecture extensively on sports, exercise, diet, and nutrition, and complementary medicine, and his work is seen in many magazines throughout the world. He is currently president of the MAF Group, which publishes the Maffetone Report.
- Author(s)Philip Maffetone
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRagged Mountain Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.