Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe portrayal of man's history in the Magaliesberg is fascinating, but it does t dominate the book to the detriment of environmental issues. The extensive descriptions of the fauna and flora of the area inspire the reader to consider the impact that man has on his environment. An entire chapter is devoted to birds and the checklist of birds in the Magaliesberg makes this book essential for all Birders. The chapters on trees, mammals, reptiles and amphibians also contain extensive checklists, indicating both the Scientific as well as common names. The Magaliesberg is almost 100 times older than Everest, and the chapter on the geology of the area describes how these mountains started to take shape 2300 million years ago. Carruthers' eloquent writing style is easy to read and grabs the reader's attention from the start. The comprehensive book is based on sound research and is complemented by numerous illustrations and full-colour photographs throughout. Carruthers's love for the area is obvious and he describes the Magaliesberg as a 'priceless national asset', which he hopes to preserve with the help of this book. The many full-colour and black and white photographs, as well as detailed illustrations are found on every page throughout the book, adding value to the book, making it a publication that appeals to those readers who are academically inclined, as well as those who are amateur environmentalists or historians.
- Author(s)Vincent Carruthers
- PublisherProtea Boekhuis
- Date of Publication17/01/2003
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationMenlopark 0102
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintProtea Boekhuis
- Content Notecolour illustrations, tables, maps, colour plates
- Weight1225 g
- Width180 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.