All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionWatercolour is the ideal medium for painting flowers due to its wonderful translucency and in his new book, The Magic of Watercolour Flowers, Paul Riley shows readers how to paint colourful, vibrant flower paintings. He explains how to achieve exciting special effects in your flower compositions by using certain textural techniques, such as soft edges, and different light sources to make the most out of watercolour's natural translucency and create mood for your paintings. Paul Riley encourages readers to be more adventurous in their paintings by adding figures and still life objects to their compositions, which can lend character and personality to a painting. There are many step-by-step paintings and useful tips and techniques throughout with chapters on flower markets, flowers in the garden, flowers in the landscape and a fascinating section showing how to combine imaginative decorated still life objects with flowers. In addition, Paul Riley shows how to use collage to create exciting and unexpected compositions. Capturing the beauty of flowers in watercolour has been the aim of painters for centuries and in this book, Paul Riley, inspires and encourages readers to take their watercolour flower paintings a step further, to make the most of the medium's natural versatility.
- Author BiographyIn the 1960s Paul Riley was the youngest painter to have his work exhibited at the Royal Academy. He has exhibited at the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, the Royal Watercolour Society and a number of private galleries. He is author of Flower Painting, Watercolour Landscapes and Watercolour Workshop and established the very successful Coombe Farm Studios Art Centre in Devon.
- Author(s)Paul Riley
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note175
- Weight771 g
- Width234 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.