All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis story might be better remembered from the 1943 Orson Welles movie - as the story of George Amberson Menafer and his Hoosier family. It won Tarkington the first of his Pulitzer Prizes in 1918.
- Author BiographyBooth Tarkington (1869-1946), a prolific writer who achieved overnight success with his first novel, <b>The Gentleman from Indiana </b>(1899), is perhaps best remembered as the author of the popular Penrod adventures and <b>Seventeen</b> (1916). He was awarded a second Pulitzer Prize for the novel <b>Alice Adams</b> (1921).
- Author(s)Booth Tarkington
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleModern Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintModern Library Inc
- Weight233 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.