All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American master's first vel since Winter's Bone (2006) tells of a deadly dance hall fire and its impact over several generations. Alma DeGeer Dunahew, the mother of three young boys, works as the maid for a prominent family in West Table, Missouri. Her husband is mostly absent, and, in 1929, her scandalous, beloved younger sister is one of the 42 killed in an explosion at the local dance hall. Who is to blame? Mobsters from St. Louis? The embittered local gypsies? The preacher who railed against the loose morals of the waltzing couples? Or could it have been a colossal accident? Alma thinks she kws the answer--and that its roots lie in a dangerous love affair. Her dogged pursuit of justice makes her an outcast and causes a long-standing rift with her own son. By telling her story to her grandson, Alma finally gains some solace--and peace for her sister. He is advised to Tell it. Go on and tell it --tell the story of his family's struggles, suspicions, secrets, and triumphs.
- Author BiographyFive of Daniel Woodrell's eight published novels have been selected as New York Times Notable Books of the Year. Tomato Red won the PEN West Award for the Novel in 1999. Woodrell lives in the Ozarks near the Arkansas line with his wife, Katie Estill.
- Author(s)Daniel Woodrell
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.