CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionExperience the Suspense and Mystery of this North Woods Thriller Can a young Army wife solve a murder and survive? The Maine Event, a mystery thriller by Diane Marquart Moore takes place in the remote, sparsely populated rth woods of Aroostook County, Maine during the 1950's. In the book Birdie, the beautiful red-haired Canasta partner of Jeanne Durand is found murdered. Jeanne is a very young Army wife living in a close-knit Loring Air Force Base services neighborhood. Jeanne has good reason to suspect Birdie's abusive husband, who had shot a hole through the flood of their upstairs apartment into the Durand's living room. But she finds dearth of other suspects including an Army MP and a neighbor who advocates polygamy. What a few Readers are saying about this mystery thriller: -It captures the time period wonderfully and at times I felt as though I were reading a biography rather than fiction. -This story grabbed me from the first paragraph and never let me go until the last word was read! This woman kws how to tell a story. I have found a new favorite author! -The bitter Maine winter and its rigors are trying to these Southerners who have become attached to Loring Air Force Base in the 1950s in response to Cold War threats. (It is the closest Air Force base to Moscow.) -Will this teenage Miss Marple succeed in solving the intricate puzzle of The Maine Event? Get your copy of The Maine Event and also look for other mystery books by Diane Marquart Moore.
- Author BiographyDiane Marquart Moore is a fiction and non-fiction writer and poet living in New Iberia, Louisiana during the winter and in Sewanee, Tennessee the rest of the year. Diane has also lived in Texas, Maine, and Iran. The Maine Event is her 24th book. She lived in northern Maine during the 50's. She has published in numerous literary journals, newspapers, and periodicals. Diane served as Associate Editor for Acadiana Lifestyle magazine in New Iberia, Louisiana. She contributed feature stories and book reviews to the Yaddasht Hafteegy in Ahwaz, Iran and to the Tehran Journal while living in Iran. Her column Cherchez la femme and feature stories have been published in The Daily Iberian newspaper.
- Author(s)Diane Marquart Moore
- PublisherBorder Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBorder Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.