All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Booker-shortlisted author acclaimed as having literary precedent (Independent) comes a gently absurd examination of the systems that trap and frustrate us daily. Fans of dry humor will enjoy this tale of mishap and folly, told from the point of view of a bus driver who's been charged to maintain a precise distance between himself and other buses--a directive that leads him to igre the very passengers he's meant to serve. Witty, allegorical, and intelligent, this is a vel for all those who have ever run for a bus, only to have it pull away as they reach its doors. Showcasing all of Mills' strengths, it is the perfect reintroduction for American readers to an incomparable talent.
- Author BiographyMagnus Mills, a bus driver by trade, is the author of seven novels and three collections of stories, which he types on a typewriter. He doesn't have an email account, and corresponds by postcard. His first novel, The Restraint of Beasts, won the McKitterick Prize and was shortlisted for both the Whitbread (now the Costa) First Novel Award and the Man Booker Prize. It was praised by Thomas Pynchon as A demented, deadpan comic wonder. Mills' books have been translated into twenty languages. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Magnus Mills
- PublisherBloomsbury USA
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury USA
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.