All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionJean Borthwick and her brother should have enjoyed a happy childhood, growing up in a village in rural post-war Scotland. Their father was a brilliant and talented schoolteacher who was invariably charming to all who knew him, but at home, behind closed doors, he turned into a tyrannical monster. He would beat both his children mercilessly with a slipper or a belt for the smallest offence, from talking after lights out to looking at him in a funny way. Somehow both Jean and her brother survived their years of terror and torture to become happy and successful adults, but the shadow of those years will never go away. This is Jean's moving account of a childhood haunted by fear.
- Author(s)Jean Scott Borthwick
- PublisherMemoirs Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationCirencester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMemoirs Publishing
- Weight250 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.