Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe first biography of Dr. Phil McGraw and his rise to fame Millions look to Dr. Phil for advice on everything from relationships to life. But Dr. Phil is more than just a pop psychologist. He's also an amazing businessman who has started and run a number of flourishing ventures. In The Making of Dr. Phil, award-winning journalists Sophia Dembling and Lisa Gutierrez take readers inside the world of Dr. Phil and his media and self-help empire. From his early days as a young athlete and student pilot, to his failed first marriage and decision to study psychology, The Making of Dr. Phil captures the courageous rise of one of today's most well-kwn celebrities. Full of exclusive interviews, this comprehensive portrait explores Dr. Phil's true motivations and inner drives. It also reveals the full dimension of his personality, beyond the down-home doc image portrayed in his books and on television. The Making of Dr. Phil offers a rare inside look at the real Dr. Phil McGraw and provides a firsthand account of how he became such a huge success. Sophia Dembling (Dallas, TX) is a veteran journalist and former reporter for the Dallas Morning News. She was recently featured on the Dr. Phil: E! True Hollywood Story and will also appear on the upcoming A&E Biography on Dr. Phil. Lisa Gutierrez (Overland Park, KS) is an award-winning journalist. She obtained the first exclusive interview with Dr. Phil's first wife, and her reporting on Dr. Phil has appeared in numerous newspapers around the world.
- Author BiographySOPHIA DEMBLING is a veteran reporter based in Dr. Phil's hometown of Dallas, Texas. She spent more than a decade as a staff writer and editor at the Dallas Morning News, where she interviewed such celebrities as Martha Stewart, Carl Bernstein, Clint Black, and Annie Leibovitz. The author of The Yankee Chick's Survival Guide to Texas, she has written for such publications as Newsday, the Los Angeles Times, the Seattle Times, and American Way. LISA GUTIERREZ is an award-winning journalist who has been recognized for her investigative reporting by the Associated Press, National Newspaper Association, and Gannett. Now a features writer for the Kansas City Star, Gutierrez has interviewed numerous high-profile figures, including Billy Graham, Barbara Bush, Jeanne Phillips (aka Dear Abby), and actor Rob Lowe. Gutierrez has written for a number of publications over the past twenty years including USA Today. Her exclusive interview with Dr. Phil's first wife was picked up by numerous newspapers and broadcast outlets around the country.
- Author(s)Lisa Gutierrez,Sophia Dembling
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2003
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
Most relevant reviews
- big_momma1312 May, 2016by
Very interesting read which gives a great insight into Dr Phil. Written objectively so you could either love him or hate him after reading this.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.