Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn telling the story of The Making of Faith, Victoria Baker begins with the positive statement that everyone faces challenges in life. She proceeds to tell how she meets her crushing challenges. Victoria does so with unabashed heroic faith. The unseen but ever present Universal Power carries her through every step of the way and helps her to let go of the past, and be fulfilled in the present. - Victor P. When life around me fell apart, I chased after God begging, oh yes, pleading for my sanity and strength. Holding onto anger, hurt, and control at the end of my long marriage, coping with the anguish of one son's autism while fighting, , battling for educational support, kept me stuck. Giving up, surrendering to this Love who has promised through the ages to never let me go, I believed. While it felt magical, I realized it was God's longing for me, my children, and even those who hurt us to be whole, free, and peaceful. When I gave our Creator my heart, my life - our lives were never the same. We were made new. Love changes everything! Allowing the Divine to use her to tell a story of Love that won't let go, Victoria Baker unashamedly admits her absolute need for God. Coming to grips with the end of a long marriage, fighting for educational support for one son with autism, and the anguish of becoming a single parent of two young boys, ages seven and nine - she found herself devastated and up all night. All your beautiful, inspiring, obedient sentiments uplifted my soul. - Catherine M. Baker recorded her brokenness and tender moments with her young men, writing stories of sometimes gritty transitions into healing, intimate prayers, and dialogue with her heavenly Father. Beautiful Bible promises Baker discovered as she desperately sought peace and God, surround her stories of failures and yes, even triumphs. You're sooooo brave to share your story . . . without your testimony others won't have hope. Kudos to you for allowing God to use you mightily! You go Jesus girl!!!! - Carol R. As I read, my mind filled in so many stories we shared between the ones that made it to the book, so those who don't kw you, will never kw how truly amazing this whole time has been and even more amazing was that your faith deepened when most would lose faith. May you and your family continue with many blessings that you see for yourself and also those you have yet to imagine. Literally, God bless you! Always with love. - Lere B. Facing these crises, especially the denial of autism for a decade by schools, Baker's lifelong relationship with God was the driving force of her mindset change, believing is seeing! In the daily surrendering of her spirit to Jesus, Baker learned to forgive and grow up herself. Freedom was found in forgiveness and gratitude. Complete trust in the Lord soon followed. It is so wonderful that you are letting others kw how deeply God loves us. - Jill H. These sometimes raw and humorous recollections bring to light this beautiful Love in action. Baker's personal diary reveals the beauty of finding God everywhere and in every situation. I just finished The Making of Faith. It is amazing. You have shared your story and at the same time helped me to grow in my faith. - Susan G. Excerpt Eerily eugh, the very day before my husband ended our marriage, I'd had an odd foreboding during my prayer time. I will always be with you, God's words resonated deep in my spirit. Oh, I don't like the sound of this at all, was my return. You will never walk alone, Oh boy, I thought to myself, this can't be good. What could He mean? What do you mean Lord? For more information please visit ww.victoriabaker.net.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR ________________________________________ Victoria Baker is an American author of the inspirational book, The Making of Faith. She is a writer and photographer of trees in all seasons. A special education advocate for 15 years, Baker created an innovative home education program for one son living with autism, and has written articles for Family Times and Time4learning.com. Her websites offer resources and encouragement to people living with or loving people with special needs and those seeking holistic lifestyle choices. Visit www.victoriabaker.net and www.sharingsacredspaces.com. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)MS Victoria Baker
- PublisherMaking of Faith
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaking of Faith
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.