CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough w n-sectarian, Hibernian's early history is inextricably intertwined with the history of the Irish community in Edinburgh, particularly in Leith and Little Ireland . The author's personal involvement with, and awareness of, this cultural tradition places the story of Hib's growth firmly in the social context of the time. This revised edition of The Making of Hibernian: The Romantic Years charts the progress of the club from their resurgence as a n-sectarian community club in 1893 to the outbreak of World War I, providing information on players, matches, directors, staff and supporters. The book is based on the personal memories of many old-timers, as well as exhaustive research of library sources, church records and newspapers.
- Author BiographyIn common with his late father and grandfather, Alan Lugton, a native of Edinburgh, has been 'Hibs daft' all his life. He has transmitted his enthusiasm and affection for the club to his wife, to his children and to his friends, and practically all his spare time over the past thirty years has been devoted to exploring and recording the history of Hibernian.
- Author(s)Alan Lugton
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/01/2017
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.