All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Dr. Gary A. Donaldson's highly successful textbook The Making of Modern America, introduces students to the cultural, social and political paths the United States has traveled from the end of WWII to the present day. While deftly cataloguing the sweeping changes and major events in America from Dewey Defeats Truman through the election of our first black President, this newly updated edition never loses touch with that American history taking place at the level of the people. This edition details t just the United States' rich cultural history, but elegantly repositions it as integral to our understanding of any portion of this country's past. Donaldson provides a factual foundation for students and then pushes them to interpret those facts, framing the discussions essential to any complete study of American history. The Making of Modern America, Second Edition is updated to include: -An expanded chapter titled America After the New Millennium which more retrospectively and completely details the 21st century's first decade. -A new chapter titled The Second Bush and Obama: From the War on Terrorism to the Audacity of Hope updating readers on the calamitous end to President George W. Bush's second term, the Obama administration's first term challenges and the Great Recession. -Newly revised readings each profiling an historical event, speech or figure-Lee Harvey Oswald to Bill Gates to Condoleeza Rice- at the conclusion of each chapter.
- Author BiographyGary A. Donaldson (PhD, LSU) is the Keller Foundation Chair in American History at Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans. He is the author of numerous books on American political and diplomatic history.
- Author(s)Gary A. Donaldson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight572 g
- Width150 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.