All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the western world struggles to cope with the influx of immigrants fleeing tyranny and war, The Making of an Immigration Judge cuts through the hysteria of the headlines to provide a definitive account of the problems facing Europe today - and how we might solve them. With more than a decade's experience as an immigration judge, James Hanratty has seen the plight of these people first hand and made decisions that changed lives forever.Part memoir, part meditation, the book is written with humility and humour drawing on a lifetime spent in the justice business. From his early days as a clerk in Derbyshire to working at the House of Lords and the Royal Courts of Justice, Hanratty's story is at once personable and profound, funny and affecting. He vividly recalls life in the law and brings a unique and authoritative insight to the ongoing debate dividing our politicians and troubling the conscience of the country. At a time when everyone has a view on immigration, this is a welcome alternative to the fearful rhetoric of the media.James Hanratty RD has worked in many of the UK's most prestigious legal institutions including the House of Lords and the Royal Courts of Justice.Until 2014 he was an immigration judge dealing with asylum seekers from around the world. He lives in Putney, south west London.
- Author(s)James Hanratty
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Content Note8 pages
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.