All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionAN ANGOULEME AWARD WINNER RETURNS WITH A PARABLE ABOUT LIFE IN THE ART WORLD The Making Of is the follow-up to international sensation Brecht Evens's Eisner-minated debut, The Wrong Place. With lush watercolors and his characteristic wit, Evens details the fumbling, amateurish foibles of the participants of a small art festival in the Flemish countryside. Pieterjan is invited to the festival as an hored guest. From the moment he arrives, things start going wrong, and since one seems ready to step in, Pieterjan takes over the show. He decides to build a giant garden gme as a symbol of Flemish identity, but the construction process brings buried tensions to the surface as the other artists become jealous of Pieterjan's authority. In The Making Of, Evens delves deep into the petty tensions, small misunderstandings, and deadpan humor that pervade modern relationships. With a keen eye for the subtleties of body language, Evens's The Making Of builds on the iconic visual style showcased in The Wrong Place. Sweeping watercolors jump off the page, surrealist scenery intermingles with crowds of people, and small suburban plot homes have never looked so lovely.
- Author BiographyBrecht Evens is a cartoonist, visual artist, and musician based in Belgium. His first graphic novel in English, The Wrong Place, was awarded the Prix de l'Audace at the Angouleme Comics Festival.
- Author(s)Brecht Evens
- PublisherDrawn & Quarterly
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrawn & Quarterly
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width203 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byLaura Watkinson,Michele Hutchison
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.