All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $18.52Free postage
- AU $18.61Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionWritten at the peak of the swinging sixties, this is an ironic, hilarious and frank investigation of sexual politics and the male sex drive. The Brian Aldiss collection includes over 50 books and spans the author's entire career, from his debut in 1955 to his more recent work. Events move fast in Umbalathorp, the capital city of the new African republic of Goya. When affable young PR man Soames Noyes arrives fresh off the boat from England to deliver the city's first computer, he finds himself swept up in a current of women, witch-doctors and promiscuity. Soon the indecisive Soames is saying goodbye to inhibition and hello to a new sexual politics.
- Author BiographyBrian Aldiss, OBE, is a fiction and science fiction writer, poet, playwright, critic, memoirist and artist. He was born in Norfolk in 1925. After leaving the army, Aldiss worked as a bookseller, which provided the setting for his first book, The Brightfount Diaries (1955). His first published science fiction work was the story 'Criminal Record', which appeared in Science Fantasy in 1954. Since then he has written nearly 100 books and over 300 short stories.
- Author(s)Brian Aldiss
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Brian Aldiss Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight130 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.