All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou couldn't make it up: incredible real-life criminal cases A fascinating A-Z of murderous crimes which spans the globe and the centuries in uncovering the extremes of human criminality in all its strangeness. This collection of unusual, if t sensational, murder cases recalls strange crimes of the past and offers insights into particularly macabre and shocking modern murders. Many of the cases also shed light on advances in crime detection, law enforcement and forensic science. Cases include: Krystian Bala, the Polish writer who killed a rival, and then used the murder as the plot for a vel; Alexander Pichuskin, who was stopped one short of killing the 64 victims he needed to 'fill a chess board'; John Lee, 'the man they could t hang' who survived three attempts to execute him; and Adelaide Bartlett, who was accused of killing her husband with chloroform, but was acquitted because one could work out how she had done it - and she wouldn't say.
- Author BiographyRobin Odell was born in Hampshire in 1935. After training as a laboratory technician and developing an interest in forensic science, he turned to crime writing as a pastime. His first book, Jack the Ripper in Fact & Fiction, published in 1965, is still regarded as an important contribution to the subject. In a writing career spanning over forty years, he has written or co-written eighteen books in the fields of true crime, forensic investigation and criminal histoy. He won an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America in 1980 for The Murderers' Who's Who and again in 2007 for Ripperology. He also lectures extensively to clubs and societies on crime cases.
- Author(s)Robin Odell
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMammoth Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Weight336 g
- Width132 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.