Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey kw who they are and what they're capable of - cross them at your peril. No real hard bastard needs to brag or bully; most are modest, thoughtful and quiet. They have thing to prove, as opposed to wannabe tough guys, who may pump themselves full of steroids or devote themselves to the study of a martial art, but can they handle themselves during an aggressive confrontation? It is the real hard bastard's absolute willingness to fight literally anyone, his ability to be uncompromisingly violent, his complete lack of fear, and unwillingness to admit defeat that makes him stand out in a crowd. A real hard bastard exudes an unmistakable air of confidence and authority. The full list of Hard Men is: Geoff Thompson (Former British nightclub bouncer and world-famous martial artist. Now a BAFTA-award-winning writer); Thomas Silverstein (America's most dangerous prisoner); Arthur White (Once one of London's most torious debt collectors. Now reformed and a Christian); Tom Taylor (A former US Presidential bodyguard); Don Murfet (Minder to the rock band Led Zeppelin); Charlie Bronson (Britain's most violent prisoner - also an artist and writer); Gary Alexander (Full-contact fighting champion of North America); Roy Shaw (British bare-knuckle fighting champion; Ali vs Tyson; Hard Bastards: what exactly are they?; Noel 'Razor' Smith (Former British gangster serving multiple life sentences); Street Kings & Bare-Knuckle Fighters (the toughest of them all); Mike Tyson (Boxer); The Krays (Britain's most infamous gangsters); Dave 'Boy' Green (British boxer); Lucia Leggio (Sicilian gangster); Bob Honiball (Martial arts expert currently training Eastern European special forces); Peter Rollack aka 'Pistol Pete' (New York City gang member); Gregory Peter John Smith (Australian bandit); John Brawn (Ireland's hardest man, martial artist and bouncer); William Coss (Just a regular US citizen put in an extreme situation); Mickey Francis (Manchester's most torious football thug and gangster, w a professional wrestler); Jake LaMotta (Boxer); Vladimir Bogomolov (Soviet bodyguard); Big Joe Egan (Probably the hardest white man on the planet); Dennis Martin (Doorman, bodyguard and Liverpool's hardest man).
- Author BiographyRobin Barratt began work as a bouncer in the 1980s. Following a six-week close protection course he travelled the world looking after the rich, if not so famous. He has worked as the International Director of Training for the Worldwide Federation of Bodyguards and later served as the founding President of the British Bodyguard Association, which has since become the biggest association of its kind in the world. His books include Doing the Doors and Bouncers and Bodyguards. He has also edited and published Protection News, The Circuit online magazine for the BBA and On the Doors, a magazine for bouncers.
- Author(s)Robin Barratt
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMammoth Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Weight326 g
- Width134 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.