All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe hidden life of Sherlock Holmes's most famous adversary is reimagined and revealed by the finest crime writers today. Some of literature's greatest supervillains have also become its most intriguing antiheroes--Dracula, Hannibal Lecter, Lord Voldemort, and Norman Bates--figures that capture our imagination. Perhaps the greatest of these is Professor James Moriarty. Fiercely intelligent and a relentless schemer, Professor Moriarty is the perfect foil to the inimitable Sherlock Holmes, whose crime-solving acumen could only be as brilliant as Moriarty's cunning. While the Napoleon of crime appeared in only two of Conan Doyle's original stories, Moriarty's enigma is finally revealed in this diverse anthology of thirty-seven new Moriarty stories, reimagined and retold by leading crime writers such as Martin Edwards, Jurgen Ehlers, Barbara Nadel, L. C. Tyler, Michael Gregorio, Alison Joseph and Peter Guttridge. In these intelligent, compelling stories--some frightening and others humorous--Moriarty is brought back vividly to new life, t simply as an incarnation of pure evil but also as a fallible human being with personality, motivations, and subtle shades of humanity. Filling the gaps of the Conan Doyle can, The Mammoth Book of the Adventures of Professor Moriarty is a must-read for any fan of the Sherlock Holmes's legacy. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMaxim Jakubowski is a novelist and editor. He was born in the United Kingdom and educated in France. Following a career in book publishing, he opened the world-famous Murder One bookshop in London in 1988. He compiles two acclaimed annual series for the Mammoth list, Best New Erotica and Best British Crime. He is a winner of the Anthony and Karel awards, a frequent TV and radio broadcaster, crime columnist for the Guardian newspaper, and Literary Director of London's Crime Scene Festival. He lives in London, United Kingdom.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight680 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byMaxim Jakubowski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.