All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionToday more than 22 million jars of Vegemite are sold each year, but when the salty black paste was first produced in 1923 the public wasn't interested. In fact, it took ather fifteen years and a world war before we embraced it. The Man Who Invented Vegemite spans the Gold Rush, the Depression and two world wars and it opens a fascinating window both on the evolution of modern Australia and the quiet achievements, and tragedies, of one man. Jamie Callister sets out to learn more about the grandfather he never met and, along the way, discovers that extraordinary things can happen to (almost) ordinary people.
- Author BiographyJames Callister was born in Melbourne in 1960. After university, he travelled and worked overseas for several years before moving to Queensland. He has since worked in television and media as well as building and construction. A keen surfer, Jamie lives on the Sunshine Coast with his wife and three children. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Jamie Callister
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication29/01/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Weight245 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.