Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionHere it is; Alexandre Dumas' thrilling final chapter in the D'Artagnan saga. Thirty years after their last adventure, D'Artagnan and the Three Musketeers are reunited in a daring plot to replace the King of France with a look-alike, long kept hidden in the Bastille, then suffer the true king's revenge, and meet their ultimate destinies.
- Author BiographyAlexandre Dumas was born Dumas Davy de la Pailleterie on July 24, 1802 in Villers-Cotterets, Aisne, France, the youngest of two children. His father was the son of a French nobleman and a Black slave and took the name Dumas from his mother, fighting as a general under Napoleon himself. He died of cancer when Alexandre was four, leaving the family very poor. Working at the Palais Royal, under the Duke of Orleans, Dumas began writing articles and plays under the name Dumas, as his father had done. His plays became popular, and he took to writing full time. In 1830, however, he became embroiled in the French Revolution, which placed the Duke of Orleans on the throne. After peace was restored, Dumas began writing novels which were translated into many other languages, earning him a great deal of money, which he spent as fast as he made. Living the high-life and having as many as forty mistresses, he wrote more than 100,000 pages in his lifetime. When Napoleon became president, ousting the Duke of Orleans, Dumas fled to Belgium, then to Russia and Italy. In 1840, he married Ida Ferrier and had at least seven illegitimate children. He died on December 5, 1870, in Seine-Maritime, France, at the age of 68. In 2002, his ashes were reinterred in the Pantheon de Paris, a great honor.
- Author(s)Alexandre Dumas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.