All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the chilling tale of a painting so terrifying, its secrets will haunt those who see it...It is a ghost story by the author of The Woman in Black . A mysterious depiction of masked revellers at the Venice carnival hangs in the college rooms of Oliver's old professor in Cambridge. On this cold winter's night, i eerie secret is revealed by the ageing don. The dark art of the Venetian scene, instead of imitating life, has the power to entrap it. To stare into the painting is to play dangerously with the unseen demons it hides, and become the victim of its macabre beauty...
- Author BiographySusan Hill is the winner of numerous literary prizes including the Somerset Maugham award. Her literary memoir, Howards End Is On The Landing  and the ghost stories The Man In The Picture  and The Small Hand  are both published by Profile. The Woman Black, which was adapted for the stage, has been running in the West End for over twenty years, and is now published by Profile in hardback .
- Author(s)Susan Hill
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleThe Susan Hill Collection
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight155 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.