All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a practical guide that t only presents insights into the organization and management of the disciplines involved in chemical process development but also provides basic kwledge of these disciplines, enabling process development practitioners to recognize and assimilate them in their work. This book illustrates practical considerations through many examples of the successful direction and integration of the activities of chemists, analysts, chemical engineers, and biologists, as well as safety, regulatory, and environmental professionals in productive teams. Moreover, this reference provides guidance on:* Directing and carrying out specific tasks and courses of action* Making and communicating clear and achievable decisions* Solving problems on the spot* Managing the administrative aspects of chemical process development The author, Dr. Derek Walker, has directed chemical process development work for four decades, combining firsthand chemical synthesis experience with many other disciplines needed to create chemical processes. You will benefit from his advice and unique insights into:* Understanding the workings of matrix organizations* Defining missions and creating action plans* Developing interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving* Holding review meetings, revising goals, and motivating staff* Prioritizing programs and responses to emergencies In addition, you'll learn how successful chemists, in collaboration with other disciplines, define the best (green) chemistry for process scale-up, including accommodating FDA requirements in the last process steps and addressing safety and environmental matters early in their work. Case studies provide incisive perspective on these issues. A chapter on recognizing and patenting intellectual property emphasizes the importance of comprehensive literature surveys and understanding invention. A chapter on the future challenges you to think beyond narrow constraints and explore new horizons.
- Author BiographyDerek Walker, PhD, has distilled the experience of over forty years' work, with publications or patents in every one of the last six decades, into this book. After brief periods with the United Kingdom Atomic Weapons and Research Establishment and Dominion Tar and Chemical Company in Canada, he commenced his career in the development of chemical processes in the pharmaceutical industry through employment with Arapahoe Chemicals/Syntex, Glaxo Laboratories, Bristol-Myers, and finally Schering-Plough Research Institute, where he was vice president of chemical process development for fourteen years.
- Author(s)Derek Walker
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width156 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.