All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMegumi is an all-star athlete, but she's a failure when it comes to physics class. And she can't concentrate on her tennis matches when she's worried about the questions she missed on the big test! Luckily for her, she befriends Ryota, a patient physics geek who uses real-world examples to help her understand classical mechanics-and improve her tennis game in the process! In The Manga Guide to Physics, you'll follow alongside Megumi as she learns about the physics of everyday objects like roller skates, slingshots, braking cars, and tennis serves. In time, you'll master tough concepts like momentum and impulse, parabolic motion, and the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration. You'll also learn how to: * Apply Newton's three laws of motion to real-life problems * Determine how objects will move after a collision * Draw vector diagrams and simplify complex problems using trigometry * Calculate how an object's kinetic energy changes as its potential energy increases If you're mystified by the basics of physics or you just need a refresher, The Manga Guide to Physics will get you up to speed in a lively, quirky, and practical way.
- Author BiographyHideo Nitta, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Physics at Tokyo Gakugei University. He has had many papers and books published by Japanese and overseas publishers on subjects including quantum dynamics and radiation physics. He also has a strong interest in physics education. He is a member of the International Commission on Physics Education (ICPE), which is a commission of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).Trend Pro, Inc. is a pioneer of Ad-Manga--advertisement and advertising using Manga--in Japan. The company has produced over 1,700 Ad-Manga for over 700 clients, including many well-known public companies and government agencies. The company has over 100 registered professional Manga artists.
- Author(s)Hideo Nitta,Keita Takatsu,Trend-Pro-Pro Ltd.
- PublisherNo Starch Press,US
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDaly City, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNo Starch Press,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width179 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $23.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.