All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ever evolving techlogy of waterproofing presents challenges and risks for architects and engineers who do t specialize in the field. The revised edition of The Manual of Below-Grade Waterproofing Systems provides the education and product information to enable designers to take a sound, fundamental approach to these contemporary challenges. Building designers specify waterproofing systems and materials that are often based on limited and subjective manufacturers' literature or past experience with systems that work under specific conditions, but will fail in other installations. Leakage usually leads to litigation. This book gives you the tools to prevent that. This manual covers the history and science of waterproofing materials, the considerable distinctions between waterproofing roofs and plazas and below-grade surfaces, the critical procedures for protecting waterproofing materials during construction, diagsing and remediating leaks, writing specifications, and detailing waterproofing components. The pros and cons of every waterproofing material and system are comprehensively covered. You will learn how to: * weigh positive- versus negative-side waterproofing systems * weigh dampproofing versus waterproofing * coordinate with all the professionals in the waterproofing delivery chain * follow environmental protection and government regulations This book is an essential resource for architects, civil engineers, contractors, designers, materials manufacturers, and all other professionals involved with the design and construction of underground spaces.
- Author BiographyJustin Henshell, FAIA, CSI, FASTM, is a partner in Henshell & Buccellato, Consulting Architects, in Shrewsbury, New Jersey, USA. He has been practicing architecture since 1952 and has specialized exclusively in moisture-related problems in the building envelope internationally since 1974. He has lectured, and written more than 60 papers about waterproofing.
- Author(s)Justin Henshell,Paul Buccellato
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 61 black & white halftones, 52 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.