All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe author was a sultan of the Rasulid house in the Yemen (626858/12281454), a dynasty much rewned for its intellectual pursuits. His talents spanned many disciplines, thus this is a collection of works on agriculture, animals, astrology, astromy, biographies, calendars, crops, genealogy, geography, grammar, lexicography, mathematics, medicine, taxes, timekeeping, warfare and weapons. It is reproduced here in facsimile with descriptions of the contents and an introduction and index by the editors. It is a remarkable feat of medieval learning, including new material as well as traditional information. It is a tably important work, the fascimile edition of which will permit scholars in the different fields covered to delve further into its contents.
- Author BiographyDaniel Varisco is Professor of Anthropology at Hofstra University, New York with numerous publications on the Yemen, including Medieval Agriculture and Islamic Science, Seattle 1994. G. Rex Smith was Professor of Arabic in the University of Manchester with numerous publications on the Yemen including The Ayyubids and Early Rasulids in the Yemen and The Book of the Superiority of Dogs over many of those who wear Clothes.
- PublisherGibb Memorial Trust
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGibb Memorial Trust
- Content Notechiefly facsims.
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byDaniel Martin Varisco,G. Rex Smith
- Edition StatementFacsimile edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.