All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.18
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sarah Brown, daughter of abolitionist John Brown, realizes that her artistic talents may be able to help save the lives of slaves fleeing rth, she becomes one of the Underground Railroad s leading mapmakers, taking her cues from the slave code quilts and hiding her maps within her paintings. She boldly embraces this calling after being told the shocking news that she can t bear children, but as the country steers toward bloody civil war, Sarah faces difficult sacrifices that could put all she loves in peril.Eden, a modern woman desperate to conceive a child with her husband, moves to an old house in the suburbs and discovers a porcelain head hidden in the root cellar the remains of an Underground Railroad doll with an extraordinary past of secret messages, danger and deliverance.Ingeniously plotted to a riveting end, Sarah and Eden s woven lives connect the past to the present, forcing each of them to define courage, family, love, and legacy in a new way.
- Author BiographySARAH McCOY is the New York Times bestselling author of the 2012 Goodreads Choice Award Best Historical Fiction nominee The Baker's Daughter and The Time It Snowed in Puerto Rico. She has taught English writing at Old Dominion University and at the University of Texas at El Paso. She calls Virginia home but presently lives with her husband and their dog, Gilbert, in El Paso, Texas.
- Author(s)Sarah McCoy
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight635 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.