Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionPsychologist Larry Crabb cuts to the heart of the biblical view of marriage: the 'one-flesh' relationship. He argues convincingly that the deepest needs of human personality -- security and significance -- ultimately cant be satisfied by a marriage partner. We need to turn to the Lord, rather than our spouse, to satisfy our needs. This frees both partners for 'soul oneness, ' a commitment to minister to our spouse's needs rather than manipulating them to meet our own needs. With 'soul oneness' comes renewed 'body oneness, ' where couples enjoy sexual pleasure as an expression and outgrowth of a personal relationship. The Marriage Builder also identifies three building blocks essential to constructing marriage: the grace of God, true marriage commitment, and acceptance of one's mate. Now for the first time, discussion questions have been added to aid couples who want to come to deeper understanding of marriage. Helpful to counselors and laypersons alike, The Marriage Builder is for anyone who longs to transform marriage from trial to triump
- Author BiographyDr. Lawrence J. Crabb Jr. (Ph.D., University of Illinois) is a well-known speaker, author of numerous bestselling books including Finding God, and Men and Women, and distinguished scholar-in-residence at Colorado Christian University in Morrison, Colorado.
- PrizesRunner-up for Christian Book Award 1984.
- Author(s)Lawrence J. Crabb
- Date of Publication13/03/1992
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date26/10/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.