All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $11.10Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionBradbury's Mars is a place of hope, dreams and metaphor - of crystal pillars and fossil seas - where a fine dust settles on the great, empty cities of a silently destroyed civilization. It is here the invaders have come to despoil and commercialize, to grow and to learn - first a trickle, then a torrent, rushing from a world with future toward a promise of tomorrow. The Earthman conquers Mars...and then is conquered by it, lulled by dangerous lies of comfort and familiarity, and enchanted by the lingering glamour of an ancient, mysterious native race.
- Author Biography<b>Ray Bradbury</b> is the author of more than three dozen books, including <i>Fahrenheit 451</i>, <i>The Illustrated Man</i>, <i>Dandelion Wine</i>, and <i>Something Wicked This Way Comes</i>, as well as hundreds of short stories. He has written for the theater, cinema, and TV, including the screenplay for John Huston's <i>Moby Dick</i> and the Emmy Award-winning teleplay <i>The Halloween Tree</i>, and adapted for television sixty-five of his stories for <i>The Ray Bradbury Theater</i>. The recipient of the 2000 National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters, the 2007 Pulitzer Prize Special Citation, and numerous other honors, Bradbury lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Ray Bradbury
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight118 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.