All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>The Inner Game of Music</i>, the breakout hit that became a standard primer in the music world, has taught thousands of musicians professionals and amateurs alike how to overcome self-consciousness and stage fright and to recapture a youthful, almost effortless capacity to learn. Now, in his follow-up book, <i>The Mastery of Music</i>, Barry Green turns his expert hand to the artistic qualities that make an extraordinary musician. Culling advice from dozens of interviews with legends including Joshua Bell, Dave Brubeck, Jeffrey Kahane, Bobby McFerrin, Christopher Parkening, Doc Severinsen, Frederica von Stade, the Harlem Boys Choir, and the Turtle Island String Quartet, he reveals that it s t eugh to have a cerebral and emotional connection to the tes. Green hows how musical excellence, exhibited by true virtuosos, requires a mastery of ten unique qualities of the soul and the human spirit, such as confidence, passion, discipline, creativity, and relaxed concentration, and he discusses specific ways in which all musicians, composers, and conductors can take their skills to higher levels. He carefully incorporates all instruments and techniques in his rejuvenating discussions, inspiring the stifled student to have fun again and the over-rehearsed performer to rediscover the joy of passionate expression. Essential reading for every musician, <i>The Mastery of Music</i> strikes a beautiful new chord.
- Author BiographyBarry Green served as principal bassist of the Cincinnati Symphony for twenty-eight years. Currently the principal bassist with the California Symphony and the Sun Valley Summer Symphony and active as a bass soloist and teacher, he teaches bass at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and for the young bassist program of the San Francisco Symphony Education Department. Green has been performing for young audiences in schools in the Bay Area, as well as performing bass workshops and concerts on tour. He is also the author of <i>The Inner Game of Music </i>with W. Timothy Gallwey and has written seven <i>Inner Game of Music</i> workbooks for keyboard, voice, instruments, and ensembles. He conducts Inner Game seminars throughout the world. He lives with his wife in Oakland, California. For information on Green s personal appearances and publications, please contact his website at www.innergameofmusic.com and www.themasteryofmusic.com.
- Author(s)Barry Green
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight222 g
- Width134 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.