Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible, fascinating book that unravels the mysteries and beauty of mathematics. It covers 250 milestones in mathematical history. This paperback version of the bestselling title includes facts about scientists' lives and real-world applications of the theorems. Maths' infinite mysteries and beauty unfold in this fascinating book. Beginning millions of years ago with ancient ant odometers and moving through time to our modern-day quest for new dimensions, it covers 250 milestones in mathematical history. Among the numerous delights readers will learn about in this inviting anthology include: cicada-generated prime numbers, magic squares from centuries ago, the discovery of pi and calculus and the butterfly effect.
- Author BiographyClifford A. Pickover received his PhD from Yale in Biophysics and Biochemistry and has written more than 40 books and over 200 articles. Currently, he is a writer, editor for a scientific journal and serves on the editorial board for Odyssey, Leonardo, and YLEM.
- Author(s)Clifford A. Pickover
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout, includes photographs, 250 illustrations
- Weight1247 g
- Width186 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.