Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by cathbooks64
- Est. delivery by 9 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis brilliant collection has been called a masterpiece by the Sunday Telegraph. Each of the three stories is touched in a different way by the paintings of Henri Matisse. Their subjects' lives unravel from simple beginnings -- a trip to the hair dresser, a cleaning woman's passion for knitting, lunch in a Chinese restaurant but gradually the veneer of ordinariness is peeled back to expose pain, reveal desire, or express the intensity of joy in color and creation.
- Author BiographyA.S. Byatt is internationally acclaimed as a novelist, short story-writer and critic. Her books include Possession (winner of the Booker Prize in 1990), and the quartet of The Virgin in the Garden, Still Life, Babel Tower, A Whistling Woman and The Children's Book. Educated at York and Newnham College, Cambridge, she taught at the Central School of Art and Design, and was Senior Lecturer in English at University College, London, before becoming a full-time writer in 1983. She was appointed CBE in 1990 and DBE in 1999.
- Author(s)A. S. Byatt
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/1994
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight120 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.