All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Matter of the Mind addresses and illuminates the relationship between psychology and neuroscience by focusing on the topic of reduction. * Written by leading philosophers in the field * Discusses recent theorizing in the mind-brain sciences and reviews and weighs the evidence in favour of reductionism against the backdrop of recent important advances within psychology and the neurosciences * Collects the latest work on central topics where neuroscience is w making inroads in traditional psychological terrain, such as adaptive behaviour, reward systems, consciousness, and social cognition.
- Author BiographyMaurice Schouten is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Tilburg. He is co-author of research articles in Theory & Psychology, New Ideas in Psychology, Zygon, Philosophical Psychology, Synthese, and the British Journal for the Philosophy of Science. Huib Looren de Jong is Assistant Professor of Psychology and Philosophy at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. He is the author of Naturalism and Psychology (1992) and Theoretical Issues in Psychology (2006, with Sacha Bem), and a number of research articles. He serves as Associate Editor of Theory & Psychology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byHuib Looren de Jong,Maurice Schouten
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.