Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe effective manager today is t only technically skilled but also emotionally and socially mature. Self-kwledge is a pre-requisite of the good manager; so too are the qualities of leadership such as self-management, social awareness and empathy. The good manager leads with both head and heart. In his latest book, Tony Humphreys shows how a manager who possesses a deep understanding of human behaviour is in a powerful position to enhance relationships with employees and increase their motivation and commitment to work. He writes about those managers who can relate openly with their people and those who use more defensive styles. He considers also the various types of communication between managers and employees, and looks at the kinds of organisation that can encourage open healthy relationships that in turn lead to enhanced results. He goes on to point out that few organisations are free of conflict; however, the way it is managed is crucial to the on-going well-being of all those within the organisation and of the organisation itself. Managers who understand their own inner and outer responses are better able to understand and respond maturely to the challenging behaviours of some employees. Drawing on his extensive experience as a clinical psychologist, lecturer and businessman, Tony Humphreys has written a book that will be of immeasurable value t only to managers themselves, but to all who have positions of leadership and responsibility to ensure that work environments are as supportive as possible to human development as well as being effective and productive.
- Author BiographyDr Tony Humphreys is a clinical psychologist, lecturer and internationally acclaimed author of a number of books including The Power of 'Negative' Thinking; Self-Esteem, the Key to your Child's Future; Leaving the Nest; A Different Kind of Teacher; A Different Kind of Discipline; Work and Worth: Take Back Your Life; Whose Life Are You Living; Myself, My Partner and All About Children. He has recorded a number of CDs, and his books are available in twenty-six foreign-language editions.
- Author(s)Tony Humphreys
- Date of Publication10/04/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- Weight194 g
- Width130 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.