All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- Description'Studying as an adult is very different to your school experience. This book will give you the skills and confidence you need when returning to education as a mature student.' You have decided to return to education, and w you may be worried that your study skills are t up to scratch. This inspiring and practical book has been written especially for you - whether you are considering a full-time course, part-time studies, evening classes or distance learning such as an Open University degree. It covers everything you need to kw to succeed in your chosen course, including how to: discover your learning style; improve your reading seed and memory; take tes and get organised; improve your writing and mathematical skills; master research techniques; develop analytical skills; and, gain marks in exams. Contents: 1. Learning to learn; 2. Preparing to study; 3. Organisation skills; 4. Reading skills; 5. Writing skills; 6. Lectures & seminars; 7. Essay techniques; 8. Writing a dissertation; 9. Research skills; 10. Analytical skills; 11. Scientific skills and experimentation; 12. Information and communication techlogy; 13. Group skills; 14. Oral presentation skills; 15. Distance and e-learning skills; 16. Examination techniques; 17. Coping strategies; 18. Learner support services; 19. Student support services.
- Author BiographyCatherine Dawson has been a researcher specialising in educational research and a tutor working with adult learners for over fifteen years. She is passionate about enabling and supporting adults to get back into education, which is why she has written Returning to Learning and Practical Research Methods. Location: based in Weymouth, Dorset.
- Author(s)Dr. Catherine Dawson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/11/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight349 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.