All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionIt doesn't take long to discover that Belize is a land of contrasts. From the poverty and disarray of the cities to the quiet countryside, many differences are soon found. With poverty and crime running rampant in cities such as Belize City and Belmopan, the traveler has to be constantly aware of his surroundings and protect whatever is being carried. Remember, that camera hanging around your neck is worth more than the average Belizean earns in a year. All that aside, the Mayan people are wonderfully warm people many of whom go out of their way to please visitors. Traveling into the countryside one discovers thatch roof homes with doors or windows. Because of the warm climate, they can live comfortably all year with a gentle breeze flowing through the open windows and doors. I was struck with the concept that although utility lines were visible, a lot of homes had a satellite dish in the front yard.
- Author BiographyGrowing up on a dairy farm in rural southeastern Indiana, Gary was raised in a conservative Christian environment and looked forward to a life much like his ancestors had lived. The two car garage, white picket fence and 2.5 kids was his life's dream. Due to some twists of fate his life changed suddenly and a different path was taken. At this time, he began to question everything he was brought up to believe, his political views, his religious and spiritual beliefs and every value society places on us as members of the human race. During his Vision Quest, which lead him to Egypt, Australia, the Canary Islands, Belize and most of the United States, he reevaluated and examined everything he believed in. Having always had an interest in things of a spiritual and esoteric nature this was without question a predetermined path. Through and because of his interest in photography he was able to study and document many ancient cultures throughout the world, in particular the Australian Aborigine, the Maya, and the Ancient Egyptians. Although his travels have changed his perception of life and many of the spiritual values he once held, one belief remains unchanged. His belief in the basic conservative core values of life that have been carried down through the ages from time immemorial.His belief in a Supreme Being or God have not faltered. Time and time again history has shown that when a people or civilization fall from a belief in their God and basic common sense values, their way of life ceases to be. Let's not let that happen to us. To contact Gary: www.journeysthrulife.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Gary Wonning
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.