CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionMore and more parents around the country are embracing the commitment to homeschool their children. Some want to give their children a wider range of experiences than a conventional classroom can provide, while others like the idea of the benefits of one-on-one instruction. Others simply want to enjoy a more meaningful relationship with their children. The reasons are as numerous as the parents involved. Whether you're in the early stages of researching homeschooling, or you're ready to start your own classroom, The McGraw-Hill Homeschooling Companion is the essential resource for you.This comprehensive guide contains vital information, from whether it's the best alternative for you, to covering the important details on particular subjects for all grade levels. Inside, you'll find: making the decision - whether this exciting educational alternative is possible for you; how to get started - your approach, schedules, and costs; information on state legal requirements, including attendance records and lesson plans; core subject chapters (mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies) as well as physics, art, foreign language, and music; practical advice on balancing in-home education with life in the outside world; What will the neighbors say? - staying confident in the face of criticism; required standardized testing and an appendix of colleges that accept homeschooled students; and, current websites and other resources to help you provide the best education possible.Homeschooling can be a daring commitment. But with the right tools and techniques, it is also incredibly rewarding for both you and your children. The McGraw-Hill Homeschooling Companion is a reference you can turn to throughout your new educational journey, and will give you the hints on making the most of this exciting experience!
- Author BiographyLaura Saba is a former public school teacher, and has been successfully homeschooling her children for six years. Julie Gattis is a registered nurse and occasional lecturer. She has seven years of homeschooling experience.
- Author(s)Julie Gattis,Laura Saba
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight501 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.