All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b> A courageous, eloquent, and devoted mother...gives us all a greater understanding of Matthew and the larger meaning of his life. -Senator Edward M. Kennedy </b> Today, Matthew Shepard is synymous with gay rights, but until 1998, he was just Judy Shepard's son. In <i>The Meaning of Matthew</i>, Judy Shepard confides how she handled her crippling loss in the public eye, the vigils and protests held by strangers in her son's name, and ultimately how she and her husband gained the courage to help prosecutors convict her son's murderers. Heart-wrenchingly honest, <i>The Meaning of Matthew</i> is an unforgettable and inspiring story, chronicling one ordinary woman's struggle to cope with the unthinkable.
- Author BiographyJUDY SHEPARD is cofounder of the Matthew Shepard Foundation, which is dedicated to social justice, diversity awareness and education, and equality for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people. Shepard speaks across the country on behalf of the foundation.
- Author(s)Judy Shepard
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight236 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.