All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionDon Cupitt proposes a reinterpretation of Christian history, arguing that the meaning of the West is t Catholic Christian, but radical Christian. The original Jesus was a secular figure, a utopian teacher of ethical wisdom. He argues that the core of Western culture is simply the old Christian spirituality extraverted. Today, Christian supernatural doctrine is dead, but the secular 'West' is Christianity itself is w emerging in its final, 'Kingdom' form.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Professor Don Cupitt is a Life Fellow of Emmanuel College, Cambridge. His books include Taking Leave of God, The Sea of Faith and Solar Ethics were published by SCM Press and translated into many languages. He is the founder of the Sea of Faith movement.
- Author(s)Don Cupitt
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine204 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.