All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling book The Measure of a Man continues to impact millions of men around the world, but it has long been author Gene Getz's dream to bring that message to young men who are still in the process of finding their identities. When his son, Kenton, was in junior high, Gene wrote a series of letters to him based on 1 Timothy 4:12: Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Out of that verse, Gene drew seven principles that he hoped would inspire Kenton to become a young man of faith, strength, and godly purpose. <p/>Gene and his son, who is w a father of five, have teamed up to share these principles with young men and their families. The Measure of a Young Man challenges readers to find their identity in Christ and to set a high standard for themselves in words, in daily living, in loving others, in growing faith, and in sexuality. It also encourages young men to reach out to a network of fathers, grandfathers, youth pastors, and Christian peers who will support their growth to faithful, godly maturity.
- Author BiographyGene A. Getz is senior pastor at Fellowship Bible Church North in Plano, Texas. After serving as a Bible college and seminary professor, Gene became involved in planting Fellowship Churches. More than 30,000 people currently attend the Dallas churches he has started, while even more Fellowship Churches span the globe. Gene is the author of more than fifty books, including the bestseller The Measure of a Man, the host of the 15-minute daily radio program Renewal, and the director of the Center for Church Renewal. Gene and Elaine Getz reside in Texas. <p/>Kenton Getz is a graduate of Baylor University with a major in finance and accounting. He has been active in ministry from his youth, going on his first mission trip overseas at age fourteen. He has served eleven years full time in church ministry as a youth pastor and later as an administrative pastor. He then felt led to be in the business world where he has unique opportunities to also be a witness for Christ. He now serves as controller for a technology firm in Dallas, Texas. Kenton and his wife, Carla, have five children.
- Author(s)Gene A Getz
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication16/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.