All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA story of justice through the ages ...and revenge. Germany, 1945. The bloodiest war in history is at an end. Now the retribution and search for justice begins. In a series of Nuremberg trials, war criminals are hanged or commit suicide. Others are judged and sent to prison for their part in the most heius crimes of all time. But in the final trial, one in which ordinary Germans are forced to confront their complicity, a leading American defense counselor has to consider questions of good and evil when he defends a simple mechanic, a man who kept the gas chambers in working order. As his trial progresses, Wilhelm Deutch, a Nazi mechanic within the concentration camps, is forced by a court to confront his past with body to speak on his behalf. Only one man, Joachim Gutman, a Jewish survivor of Auschwitz--a living hell, the worst of all the concentration camps--kws the truth. Gutman kws that Deutch was a life-saving hero, t ather sadistic villain that those who barely survived the camps claim him to be at the trial. To save Deutch from a certain-death sentence, Gutman must come forward to testify on his behalf, but he's where to be found. And half a century later, it falls to the defense counselor's granddaughter, a young and brilliant lawyer, to correct a grievous miscarriage of justice and ease the moral conscience of Germany. But has there been a miscarriage of justice? As she delves deeper into the evil Nazi past, she is faced with a conundrum that threatens her very sanity. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAlan Gold is an influential columnist for the Spectator, the Australian and contributes to other highly regarded magazines. He appears regularly in the media as a commentator on human rights and international politics. Alan's career as a novelist started with the publication of the internationally successful The Jericho Files, followed by bestselling thriller The Lost Testament. Several of his twenty-plus books have been optioned for movies. Alan lives in Sydney, Australia, with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alan Gold
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYucca Publishing
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.