Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.76
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > While Canada is kwn for its official commitment to diversity, a close look at the country's media reveals that lip service to differences twithstanding, they rarely engage with it in ways that reflect its presence in Canadian society. The Media Gaze exposes the mainstream media's attempts to appear objective, even as they may igre or misrepresent those who do t share their white, male, middle-class, heterosexual perspective. Drawing on compelling case studies, this incisive survey explores the societal implications of the industry's hidden bias and suggests strategies for countering its dominance.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Augie Fleras is a professor of sociology at the University of Waterloo.
- Author(s)Augie Fleras
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.