All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Media in Wales maps the history and current situation of the media in Wales in an accessible manner and contributes to current debates on the present and future role(s) of the Welsh media. It includes chapters on radio, television, the press, cinema and media policy relating to Wales; each chapter deals with historical background, a contemporary overview and discussions of key issues such as national identity, language and geography. As the first book to describe and analyse the media in Wales in any substantial detail, it pays thorough attention to both English- and Welsh-language media. In addition, the authors provide an extensive bibliography and guide to available media resources.
- Author BiographyDavid Barlow is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Glamorgan. He has published on community media and is currently undertaking research on Independent Local Radio in Wales funded by the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). Philip Mitchell is Senior Lecturer in Media Studies at the University of Glamorgan and researches European radio and news journalism. Tom O'Malley is Professor of Media Studies at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth. He has written on press and broadcasting history and policy and is an editor of Media History. His most recent book, with Clive Soley MP, was Regulating the Press (Pluto, 2000).
- Author(s)David Barlow,Philip Mitchell,Tom O'Malley
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2005
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight494 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.