The Mediterranean Family Table: 125 Simple, Everyday Recipes Made with the Most Delicious and Healthiest Food on Earth by Angelo Acquista, Laurie Anne Vandermolen (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.10+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTutti a tavola-All to the table with this bounty of Mediterranean recipes to try, savor, and gather around To help his patients improve their health, Dr. Angelo Acquista began prescribing them recipes for nutritious and flavorful home-cooked meals prepared with ingredients key to the Mediterranean diet. The Mediterranean Family Table combines his medical experience and Sicilian roots to outline the guiding principles of the Mediterranean diet and takes it one step further with a collection of easy, wholesome, and delicious recipes the entire family will love. From purees made with fresh vegetables that will tempt the taste buds of bambini-and can serve as easy sides for the rest of the family-to recipes tailored to meet the special nutritional needs of children and seniors (highlighted by icons for easy reference), this well-curated collection of recipes will allow you to: * Reinvent classic recipes by replacing mayonnaise and butter with heart-healthy olive oil in dishes like Mediterranean Potato Salad and Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes * Discover good-for-you Mediterranean greens in kid-approved recipes like Orecchiette with Bread Crumbs and Broccoli Rabe, and Swiss Chard and Cannellini Beans alla Alessandra * Create your own Sunday Supper family tradition with recipes like Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce and Mama's Meatballs with Pasta The Mediterranean Family Table contains a wealth of helpful information, including how to make healthier eating choices; instill good habits in kids that will last a lifetime; and buy, store, and cook ingredients fundamental to the Mediterranean diet. Anecdotes from Acquista's family history are woven throughout, as well as stories of growing up near the Mediterranean Sea, and the techniques he uses to incorporate what he learned from his Sicilian upbringing into his busy, landlocked, modern family life. Buon appetito!
- Author BiographyAngelo Acquista, M.D. is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, and tropical diseases. He is a clinical instructor in medicine at North Shore-LI J University Hospital. He grew up eating the quintessential Mediterranean diet in his native Sicily and lives in New York City with his wife and children. Laurie Anne Vandermolen received her bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan and attended the Hunter College Graduate School of Biological Sciences. Her medical-writing work includes over a decade at academic medical institutions and two bestselling books on health and nutrition with Dr. Acquista.
- Author(s)Angelo Acquista,Laurie Anne Vandermolen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Cookbooks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1056 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.