All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive journey through the pathogenesis and treatment of meniscal pathology. It details the elements that are necessary to properly understand, diagse, and treat meniscal tears, ranging from vertical tears to radial tears and root avulsions. Treatment techniques are thoroughly described and illustrated, with presentation of the latest evidence on outcomes. The algorithmic treatment of meniscal tears has undergone a rapid transformation. We have progressed from the initial treatments involving removal of the meniscus using an open technique, to the performance of partial meniscectomies and complex meniscal repairs by means of an arthroscopic technique. The current treatment goal is to maintain the biology and mechanical integrity of this vital knee structure, an aim too often disregarded by past generations of surgeons. An explosion of new kwledge, coupled with advances in arthroscopic and surgical techlogy, has paved the way for wider application of approaches that help to preserve the meniscus, in the hope of preventing or delaying the development of knee arthritis. This book will have utility for all clinicians who treat meniscal lesions and will serve as a valuable resource for years to come.
- Author BiographyRobert F. LaPrade, MD, PhD, is a Complex Knee and Sports Medicine Surgeon at the Steadman Clinic in Colorado, USA, where he is Co-Director of both the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program and the Athletic Training Fellowship Program. In addition, he is Chief Medical Officer at the Steadman Philippon Research Institute and Affiliate Faculty in the Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University. Dr. LaPrade is currently Chair of the ISAKOS Sports Medicine Committee and a member of the ISAKOS Program Committee. He is also a member of the American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM) Ethics Committee, a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) Board of Directors, and AOSSM Research Chair. He has published 276 articles in peer-reviewed journals and was editor of the 2006 book Posterolateral Knee Injuries: Anatomy, Function and Treatment (Thieme, New York) as well as co-editor of a recent iBook, Complex Knee Surgery Made Easy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/03/2017
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 88 colour illustrations, 80 colour tables, biography
- Weight601 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byElizabeth A. Arendt,Robert F. Laprade,Scott C. Faucett
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.