All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeven men, friends and strangers, gather in a house in Berkeley. They intend to start a men's club, the purpose of which isn't immediately clear to any of them; but very quickly they discover a powerful and passionate desire to talk. First published in 1981, The Men's Club is a scathing, pitying, absurdly dark and funny vel about manhood in the age of therapy. The climax is fitting, horrific, and wonderfully droll (The New York Times Book Review).
- Author BiographyLeonard Michaels (1933-2003) was the author of five collections of stories and essays--Going Places, I Would Have Saved Them If I Could, Shuffle, A Girl with a Monkey, and To Feel These Things--as well as two novels, Sylvia and The Men's Club. All of his fiction will be reissued as FSG Classics.
- Author(s)Leonard Michaels
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication08/07/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $12.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.