All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains how to mentally prepare for triathlon and ultra-distance endurance events in order to avoid a mental meltdown. Learn how to train the mind and deal with stressors, pressure and challenge. This book clearly explains how to mentally prepare for triathlon, Ironman(R) and ultra-distance endurance events. Once you consider taking part in training and competing, you increase the risk of a mental melt down. Including coping strategies to overcome doubts and fears that are likely to occur during training and racing, this book will help you develop an automatic response mechanism to deal with them when they happen. This book is t about mental toughness but learning how to train the mind. Most of the research about overcoming adversity has been investigated and is discussed in this book. Examples of mental imagery and thought processes will help you for the rest of your life.
- Author BiographyMark Kleanthous has competed in more than 1,050 competitions worldwide during the last 32 years. During preparing for these events he has experienced almost every physical and mental set back and has learned how to deal with them. Mark's first experience was coming last in his first competition; this did not stop him training for more than 11 years until he won his first of many competitions. Despite adversity, he crossed the finish in line all but two competitions he started. Mark is now a mental coach and motivational speaker and still competes today.
- Author(s)Mark Kleanthous
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Note100 photos & illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.